Assessing Pornography Addiction
This test “Assessing Pornography Addiction” has been created to help individuals who are struggling with pornography. This assessment tool was developed by Dr. Kevin B. Skinner, a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. He has been treating pornography addiction for many years. This test helps individuals assess their level of pornography addiction. If you want to identify the pornography addiction, this is a great test to take.
Once you have completed this test you will receive individualized feedback in the following areas:
- An introduction describing your level of pornography involvement
- Recommendations of what you can do right now to get started in creating change.
- Ideas of where you can learn more and where to receive the best help based upon your level of involvement in pornography.
- Graphs describing your level of involvement in pornography, sex*, and other addictive behaviors.* Starting March 2011 two new graphs will be available (loneliness and happiness). You will be able to see how you compare to the general population.
This test can also be used by counselors, bishops/clergymen, and family members who want to help individuals who are addicted to pornography. If you want to help someone who is addicted to pornography we suggest that you read the assessment questions and familiarizing yourself with the responses. If your partner, spouse, or child is involved in viewing pornography, this tool can help you identify their level of involvement. If you don’t know the answer to some of the questions have them take the test and discuss the results with them. You will learn what questions to ask them (just by reading through the questions) and you will receive ideas in the “recommendation” section of the results on what treatment is recommended based upon their answers.
Please Note: In an effort to better understand how pornography is influencing you and others additional scales have been included for research purposes only. These scales include:
- Subjective Happiness Scale (SHS) Sonja Lyubomirsky, Ph.D.
- Satisfaction with Life Scale (SLS)
- UCLA Lonliness Scale (V3)
* Your personal scores will be combined with others who take these assessments and will only be used for research purposes.